QED Intro Books: Finding Exceptional Recommendations

In summary, QED Intro Books is a valuable resource for finding exceptional book recommendations. This platform uses a combination of user-generated reviews and expert curation to provide readers with high-quality and diverse book suggestions. The website also offers personalized recommendations based on individual reading preferences, making it a convenient and reliable tool for book lovers. With its easy-to-use interface and thorough vetting process, QED Intro Books is a go-to source for discovering new and noteworthy reads.
dark_raider
Despite the fact that QED is so popular, i have a hard time finding a good introductory book about it [ except feynman's of course;-) ]. Do you have any good recomendations?

Physics news on Phys.org
I suggest Mark Srednicki's quantum field theory (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521864496/?tag=pfamazon01-20). I am reading it at the moment and its just amazing! Another excellent book is "quantum field theory in a nutshell", from Zee. I didnt read that one but had a look on it and it sounds great as well!

Srednicky's book is available for free from the author's website so you can have a look yourself before to buy it. Thats what I did actually (http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~mark/qft.html )

It is said that Zee's book insist more on concepts that calculations but I can't confirm since i haven't read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for your answers. I have one more question. I know that qft uses lagrangian formulation but unfortunately i don't have any experience on it. Should i try a book that begins with lagrangian (eg Goldstein) or do i have to get a book that starts with "standard" classical mechanics and then introduces langrangian-hamiltonian? In fact most of the classical mechanics book that I've seen follow the second pattern (finn, morin, kibble, taylor, gregory) so I'm really confused. What is your opinion?

I'd start with the chapters on Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics in an undergraduate text. I don't think a graduate text like Goldstein is what you want for a first pass.

I think you're right. Which book would you suggest?

shadi_s10 said:
Hi
Do you know if I can find some solutions for this book (mandl & shaw) ?
I have some difficulties dealing with some of its problems! :rolleyes:

I would appreciate any help...

Heeeeeeeeeey!
No one knows where to find the solutions?
:((

Related to QED Intro Books: Finding Exceptional Recommendations

1. What is QED Intro Books and why is it important?

QED Intro Books is a database of exceptional book recommendations curated by experts in various fields. It is important because it provides a reliable source for finding high-quality books on a wide range of topics.

2. Who are the experts behind QED Intro Books?

The experts behind QED Intro Books are scientists, researchers, and scholars who have a deep understanding and knowledge of their respective fields. They are carefully selected and vetted to ensure the recommendations are of the highest quality.

3. How are the books selected for QED Intro Books?

The books are selected through a rigorous process that takes into consideration factors such as relevance to the topic, accuracy of information, and quality of writing. The experts also review and update the recommendations regularly to ensure they are up-to-date.

4. Can anyone submit a book recommendation to QED Intro Books?

No, only the experts chosen by QED are able to submit book recommendations. This ensures the recommendations are from credible sources and meet the high standards set by QED.

5. Is there a cost to access the recommendations on QED Intro Books?

No, QED Intro Books is free to use for anyone. The goal of QED is to make high-quality book recommendations accessible to everyone and promote lifelong learning and intellectual curiosity.