Quantum computingnecessary classical devices knowledge?

• Thread starter bifolco84
  • Start date
Hi, i have just started studying quantum computing. i found it very interesting and i was wondering to dedicate my thesis on it...BUT...i suffer a lack of knowledge about classical computing devices (i'm not talking about the classic works on logic by Turing and Church and so forth)...so..can you suggest what should i know and which are the books that would help me to reach a global perspective on this subject. In the same time i'd like to avoid every superfluous study on classical computers..just what i need to step onto the quantum world. Thank you for aswering.

Answers and Replies

I am doing a study project on Quantum Computing, please suggest me some of the books which can give me the very basic knowledge of the area and about the Shor's algorithm.
So that i can understand the subject of Quantum Computing.
Thanking you

f95toli
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Nielsen&Chuang's book "Quantum Computation and Quantum Information" is a good place to start.

As f95toli said Nielsen and Chuang is the best place to start. It is very comprehensive and assumes no previous knowledge of either quantum mechanics or computing theory.
Another plus is that it has exercises and a nice bibliography.

Thank you for the suggestions.