• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Quantum information recommendation

• Quantum
  • Thread starter cromata
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am 3rd year physics student (actually I have just finished it). I have good knowledge on basics of quantum mechanics: I had 1 semester of Introduction to Quantum Physics and then 2 semesters of Quantum Physics. Our literature were Griffiths (Introduction to Quantum Mechanics) and ''Gennaro Auletta: Quantum Mechanics'' (this book is more advanced than Griffiths, I think it's something like Shankar) (this book also has topics on quantum optics and introduction to quantum information, we didn't cover quantum information).

I would like to learn something about quantum information and quantum computing. Which book would be good for me if we take into account my knowledge?

Answers and Replies

vanhees71
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
The following is a book that's an introduction to QT from a quantum-information perspective, not per se a specialized book on quantum information, but maybe it's of some value for you. I liked it as a good didactical approach to introduce my students to quantum mechanics to beginners (with polarization states of photons as a simple 2D Hilbert space problem):

B. Schumacher, M. Westmoreland, Quantum Processes,
Systems, and Information, Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge, New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Cape Town,
Singapore, Sao Paulo, Delhi, Dubai, Tokyo (2010).
https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511814006