Quantum Mechanics and Transcendental Medition

In summary, the conversation discusses a speaker who relates quantum mechanics to transcendental meditation, claiming that TM allows for the direct experience of the unified field. However, the validity of this connection is questionable and the speaker's claims about TM curing all diseases are false. Despite being a PhD from Harvard, the speaker's ideas are deemed as "horse hooey" and not backed by scientific evidence.
wajed
I don't really know quantum mechanics, so I need your opinion. This guy is relating quantum mechanics to transcendental meditation. Is it possible that what he is saying is valid? (talk about QM finished at about 2:50)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Without even clicking on the link, I know that this is nothing but horse hooey. Pay it no mind.

wajed said:
I don't really know quantum mechanics, so I need your opinion. This guy is relating quantum mechanics to transcendental meditation. Is it possible that what he is saying is valid? (talk about QM finished at about 2:50)

The only connection made between QM and TM is the following. I am paraphrasing.
1. The unified field is the unification of the 4 known forces.
2. Scientists have discovered the unified field.
3. TM is the direct experience of the unified field.

The rest of his talk is about other matters. Point 1 is valid in the sense that you could define the unified field that way. Point 2 is not valid. Scientists are still working on that one. Point 3 is so vague that its validity is irrelevant.

I play quantum guitar.

Problem is, he is a PhD from Harvard. But the REAL problem is, he talked about the same thing in the same way in a video that was taped in (and coordinated by) Berkley University, here is the link:

Now, after I was searching for the video on youtube, I also found these (I didn't watch, yet:)
University of Oregon:
University of Washington:

I'm with Vanadium, it's horse hooey.

Ahahaha, he has diagrams with moving red arrows, I'm convinced now!

His claim that TM can prevent and cure all disease is false. Sorry, but links to claims like this aren't allowed here.

1. What is the connection between quantum mechanics and transcendental meditation?

The connection between quantum mechanics and transcendental meditation is not fully understood and is still a subject of debate among scientists. Some theories suggest that quantum mechanics, which deals with the behavior of particles on a subatomic level, may have implications for consciousness and the mind-body connection, which are central to transcendental meditation. However, there is currently no scientific evidence to support this connection.

2. Can quantum mechanics explain the benefits of transcendental meditation?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that quantum mechanics can explain the benefits of transcendental meditation. While some researchers have proposed theories linking the two, these are still speculative and have not been supported by experimental data. The benefits of transcendental meditation are likely due to a combination of physiological and psychological factors, rather than quantum mechanics.

3. Is there any research linking quantum mechanics to the concept of "oneness" in transcendental meditation?

Some studies have explored the concept of "oneness" or interconnectedness in relation to quantum mechanics. However, these studies are still in the early stages and have not provided conclusive evidence for a link between the two. More research is needed to fully understand the potential connection between quantum mechanics and the concept of "oneness" in transcendental meditation.

4. How does quantum mechanics relate to the practice of transcendental meditation?

There is no direct relation between quantum mechanics and the practice of transcendental meditation. While some theories have suggested that quantum mechanics may have implications for consciousness and the mind-body connection, these theories are still speculative and have not been supported by scientific evidence. The practice of transcendental meditation is based on ancient traditions and techniques, rather than modern scientific principles.

5. Are there any studies showing a direct impact of quantum mechanics on transcendental meditation?

No, there are currently no studies showing a direct impact of quantum mechanics on transcendental meditation. While some theories have been proposed, these are still speculative and have not been supported by scientific evidence. The practice of transcendental meditation is based on ancient traditions and techniques, rather than modern scientific principles like quantum mechanics.