Quantum Mechanics and Transcendental Medition

• Thread starter wajed
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I don't really know quantum mechanics, so I need your opinion. This guy is relating quantum mechanics to transcendental meditation. Is it possible that what he is saying is valid? (talk about QM finished at about 2:50)

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
Without even clicking on the link, I know that this is nothing but horse hooey. Pay it no mind.

I don't really know quantum mechanics, so I need your opinion. This guy is relating quantum mechanics to transcendental meditation. Is it possible that what he is saying is valid? (talk about QM finished at about 2:50)
The only connection made between QM and TM is the following. I am paraphrasing.
1. The unified field is the unification of the 4 known forces.
2. Scientists have discovered the unified field.
3. TM is the direct experience of the unified field.

The rest of his talk is about other matters. Point 1 is valid in the sense that you could define the unified field that way. Point 2 is not valid. Scientists are still working on that one. Point 3 is so vague that its validity is irrelevant.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
I play quantum guitar.

Problem is, he is a PhD from Harvard. But the REAL problem is, he talked about the same thing in the same way in a video that was taped in (and coordinated by) Berkley University, here is the link:
Now, after I was searching for the video on youtube, I also found these (I didn't watch, yet:)
University of Oregon: University of Washington:

Evo
Mentor
I'm with Vanadium, it's horse hooey.

Ahahaha, he has diagrams with moving red arrows, I'm convinced now!!

His claim that TM can prevent and cure all disease is false. Sorry, but links to claims like this aren't allowed here.