Quantum mechanics Zettili 3rd Edition available yet?

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of the 3rd edition of a book on Amazon. The speaker is considering purchasing the 2nd edition but is unsure if a 3rd edition is coming out soon. They mention that a 3rd edition is mentioned on Amazon but currently unavailable. The other person in the conversation shares their positive experience with the book and doubts there would be significant differences between the 2nd and 3rd editions.
dyn
Hi.
I really like this book (2nd edition) and was thinking of buying it. I have seen mention of a new edition , the 3rd edition but it seems to be unavailable to buy. Anyone know if the 3rd edition is out yet or soon ?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Amazon mentions a 3rd edition but then says its unavailable. I don't want to buy the 2nd edition if a 3rd edition is coming out soon.

Do you have a link? I did some searching on Amazon and couldn't find anything. To be honest, this is a great book - I spent a whole summer working through it during college. Unless he rewrites the entire book, I couldn't imagine there being that much difference between the 2nd and 3rd. It's definitely worth purchasing if you're able to now.

1. When will the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" be available?

The third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" is currently available for purchase. It was released on April 30, 2020.

2. What are the major updates or changes in the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili"?

The third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" includes new material on quantum computing and quantum information, as well as updated examples and exercises throughout the book.

3. Is the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" is suitable for beginners as it provides a comprehensive introduction to quantum mechanics with clear explanations and examples.

4. Can I access online resources or solutions to exercises from the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili"?

Yes, the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" comes with access to online resources including solutions to selected exercises, additional examples, and interactive simulations.

5. Is the third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" recommended for self-study or is it better for classroom use?

The third edition of "Quantum mechanics Zettili" is suitable for both self-study and classroom use. It includes a variety of exercises and examples that make it a valuable resource for learning quantum mechanics on your own or in a classroom setting.