Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics

In summary, scientists have been unable to unite quantum physics and (non quantum) physics. This could be why there has been so much controversy over string theory.
evanallmighty
Could it be that there is no way to unite quantum physics and (non quantum) physics, could that be why there has been so many problems and controversy over string theory?

This would just help me understand string theory more and possibly help out my "pet theory"

_ev

Physics news on Phys.org
evanallmighty said:
Could it be that there is no way to unite quantum physics and (non quantum) physics, could that be why there has been so many problems and controversy over string theory?

This would just help me understand string theory more and possibly help out my "pet theory"

_ev

Er.. what makes you think there's no way to "unite" them? Have you ever even studied QM formally? Look at the quantum SHO, and solve it for very high quantum number "n". Doesn't that begin to approach the classical limit as far as where the particle is predicted to be?

Furthermore, it appears as if you've never heard of decoherence before, or visited our "Recent Noteworthy Paper", where several papers have been highlighted that showed how classical scenarios can be obtained out of quantum mechanical starting points.

"Pet theory" is awfully full of holes when one is ignorant of the subject matter.

Zz.

Then you are left with a murky problem as you start getting down to small sizes of when you need to use quantum mechanics. There is a whole pile of things in nanotechnology that require both calculations at different points.

This means both theories are wrong or they break down at this level there is no specific size we switch from one to the other.

In 2007 scientists entangled atoms 1m apart.
Last record I saw had 14 calcium atoms this year
We have recorded quantum effects in a molecule of 400 atoms April this year that's about the size of an insulin molecule (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110405151213.htm)

Thats all starting to get quite large ... so what's your random cutoff distance and why?

thanks ZapperZ and Uglybb, I am just wondering more on string theory, as I have not really studied it closely.

What is Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics?

Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics is a theoretical framework that aims to combine the principles of quantum mechanics and classical physics to describe the behavior of both microscopic and macroscopic systems.

How does Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics differ from traditional quantum mechanics?

Traditional quantum mechanics only applies to microscopic systems, while Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics expands its principles to macroscopic systems, making it a more comprehensive approach.

What are the potential applications of Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics?

Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics has the potential to revolutionize technologies such as computing, communication, and energy production by harnessing the unique properties of both quantum and classical systems.

What are the challenges in uniting quantum and classical physics?

One of the main challenges is the development of a consistent framework that can accurately describe the behavior of both microscopic and macroscopic systems. Another challenge is the interpretation of the results, as traditional quantum mechanics and classical physics have different interpretations.

What research is currently being done on Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics?

There is ongoing research in various fields, including quantum computing, quantum chemistry, and quantum optics, to further understand and apply the principles of Quantum Physics United with non quantum Physics. Scientists are also exploring the potential implications of this framework in fields such as biology and cosmology.