Clara Chung
- 300
- 13
If the linear velocity of the mass centre changes and the angular velocity changes then there will be a unique point at which these two cancel, leaving no change in linear velocity.Clara Chung said:How can there be no change in velocity of there is a change in angular velocity of the bat?
I tried to express change in angular velocity, which isharuspex said:If the linear velocity of the mass centre changes and the angular velocity changes then there will be a unique point at which these two cancel, leaving no change in linear velocity.
Where does the 1.3 come from? What axis are you using here?Clara Chung said:(d+1.3)J
You cannot add a velocity to an angular velocity.Clara Chung said:Δv+Δw=0
I am using the rotational pivot. Am I right?haruspex said:Where does the 1.3 come from? What axis are you using here?
You cannot add a velocity to an angular velocity.
You are trying to express the fact that a certain point does not change linear speed. How does its speed depend on the speed of the mass centre and its distance from the mass centre?
Be careful with signs.
Does that fit with the way k0 is defined?Clara Chung said:I am using the rotational pivot. Am I right?
Thank you so much. I solved it by using the centre of mass frame^^haruspex said:Does that fit with the way k0 is defined?
Very good.Clara Chung said:Thank you so much. I solved it by using the centre of mass frame^^