Question about energy and absorbtion

In summary, the conversation revolves around the concept of humans absorbing energy from other humans or living beings. The only known ways for this to occur are through body heat, physical exertion (such as lifting or punching), consuming food, and extracting oxygen from the air. There is no evidence for the existence of "life energy" or "thought energy." The conversation also mentions using this information to discredit someone claiming to be a "real vampire."
Arithus
((I don't really know where to post this))

What exactly would it take for a human to absorb energy from another human or anything for that matter, and use it.

I don't think it is probable, I just wan't to know what it would take.

A few questions I have:

1.) If it could happen in some way, would the human have to exert an equal amount of work to make it happen?

2.) Given number 1 is true, wouldn't it be pointless?

3.) Is there such thing as latent energy to absorb in living beings? Is there any evidence for it?
------------------------------------------

Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing that immediately comes to mind is the sharing of body heat either for comfort or to overcome hypothermia.

Heat is one way. I like Danger's comment - heat for comfort.

If I pick up someone, I increase their gravitational potential energy, but I would expend some effort and then I'll have to put them down some time.

Food provides energy, and it must be consumed and digested to release the stored chemical energy.

We breathe air and extract the oxygen which is necessary of cellular metabolism.

We absorb energy from the sun and wind. If I punch someone in the nose they absorb some of the energy from my fist. If someone listens to me talk, they absorb some of the energy from the sound that I produce.

If you are asking if there is an energy transfer in some form such as "life energy", or "thought energy", then no, we don't know of any such energy, and we don't know of any transmission of energy from one person to another.

Ok good, you guy's might think this is funny but I am going to bring this stuff up in a debate with a "real vampire" lol. I just wanted to really put him to shame and hopefully make him think "well maybe I'm not a vampire" (if that is even possible)

1. What is energy absorption and why is it important?

Energy absorption refers to the process of taking in and storing energy. It is important because it allows organisms and systems to use this energy for various processes and functions.

2. How does energy absorption work?

Energy absorption works through various means, such as chemical reactions, cellular processes, and physical mechanisms. In general, it involves the conversion of one form of energy into another form that can be used or stored.

3. What are some examples of energy absorption in everyday life?

Some examples of energy absorption in everyday life include photosynthesis in plants, digestion in animals, and the use of energy in machines and technology. We also absorb energy from the food we eat and the sunlight that hits our skin.

4. Can energy absorption be harmful?

Yes, energy absorption can be harmful if it occurs in excessive amounts or in the wrong places. For example, too much energy absorption in the form of heat can cause burns, and the absorption of harmful radiation can damage cells and tissues.

5. How can we increase our energy absorption?

We can increase our energy absorption through various means, such as consuming a balanced and nutritious diet, exercising regularly, and using energy-efficient technologies. It is also important to avoid harmful sources of energy absorption, such as excessive exposure to radiation or toxins.