Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automotive Question about single track model

1. Jan 1, 2013 #1
    Hello guys,

I've been doing some simulink modelling about a study that's been ongoing for a while , I've used the single track model to see the yaw rate and sideslip for the given steering angle input ,
    But as you know single track model makes the assumption of vehicle velocity as constant. Now the question is , what if I don't assume this velocity to be a constant value and want to see the yaw rate and sideslip wrt to the steering input and the given velocity profile ( for ex , vehicle accelerates from 15 m/s to 25 m/s and decelerates to same velocity linearly again.)

If you have some opinions , I appreciate .Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2013 #2
    can anybody help me ? ?

4. Feb 22, 2013 #3
    The single track model was designed to model vehicle lateral dynamic, therefore you would miss something, e.g. the vehicle longitudinal dynamic. But I think in this way you will understand how the vehicle lateral dynamic changes with the speed, as example it will change the vehicle yaw damping.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook