Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about Thanks counter

1. Jun 29, 2013 #1
    Question about "Thanks" counter

Hello,

I notice that there is a counter at the top right hand side of the page which tells me how many messages I have, how many posts I've made and something labeled "Thanks." What does "Thanks" mean? I assume it means that someone thanked me for something. How do I determine what that was and who made it? I'd like to know what I'm doing that's appreciated enough to post a thank you for so that I can do more of it plus be able to say your welcome. I was taught good manners. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

4. Jun 29, 2013 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't really get why people can't see who thanked them. I think it's nice to know who's thanking me.

5. Jun 29, 2013 #4
    Thank you. I took a look at that thread and didn't see an explanation of how to determine what it is that I'm being thanked for. I'd like to know so that I can make sure I keep doing it. :)

6. Jun 29, 2013 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You can click on "Thanks" in the top right corner. This will take you to your profile page. Then click on the page "thanks" and you'll see a list of all posts that have been thanked. So there you can see which posts specifically got a thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook