Copying equations from a locked thread....

• Thread starter mieral
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to copy equations from a locked thread in a forum. The solution is to right-click and select "Show Math As" then "TeX commands" to display the equations in code form. To display them in equation form, the double # command must be used to delimit the LaTeX code.
mieral
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/mwi-and-path-of-single-electron.900851/page-4

In the above locked thread, in the first message on top there are equations I'd like to copy into a new message. By using reply, I can copy the codes and re post it.. but since I couldn't reply to the locked thread.. how do I copy the equations? I don't know how to manually type them. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you really, really want to restart a locked thread? That sounds to me like a terrible idea.

Vanadium 50 said:
Do you really, really want to restart a locked thread? That sounds to me like a terrible idea.

No. The person thought I understood the equations. I just wanted to repost the equations to ask about them. It's locked for other reasons and not because of the equations.

Right-click -> Show Math As -> TeX commands.

You should ask @PeterDonis before you open a new thread about the same topic.

mfb said:
Right-click -> Show Math As -> TeX commands.

You should ask @PeterDonis before you open a new thread about the same topic.

I tried.. but when posting it, it displays as

\Psi_0 = \left( a_1 \vert u_1 \rangle + b_1 \vert d_1 \rangle \right) \left( a_2 \vert u_2 \rangle + b_2 \vert d_2 \rangle \right) \vert R_1, R_2 \rangle \vert O_{R1}, O_{R2} \rangle

what command to put it so it displays in equation forms?

jtbell said:
See the section Delimiting your LaTeX code at the beginning of our LaTeX primer:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

Thanks.. so the secret of secrets is the doube # command.. that displays it back... been figuring this out for weeks..

## \Psi_0 = \left( a_1 \vert u_1 \rangle + b_1 \vert d_1 \rangle \right) \left( a_2 \vert u_2 \rangle + b_2 \vert d_2 \rangle \right) \vert R_1, R_2 \rangle \vert O_{R1}, O_{R2} \rangle##

##\rightarrow \Psi_1 = \left( a_2 \vert u_2 \rangle + b_2 \vert d_2 \rangle \right) \left( a_1 \vert u_1 \rangle \vert U_1, R_2 \rangle \vert O_{U1}, O_{R2} \rangle + b_1 \vert d_1 \rangle \vert D_1, R_2 \rangle \vert O_{D1}, O_{R2} \rangle \right)##

##
\rightarrow \Psi_2 = a_1 a_2 \vert u_1 \rangle \vert u_2 \rangle \vert U_1, U_2 \rangle \vert O_{U1}, O_{U2} \rangle + a_1 b_2 \vert u_1 \rangle \vert d_2 \rangle \vert U_1, D_2 \rangle \vert O_{U1}, O_{D2} \rangle \\ + b_1 a_2 \vert d_1 \rangle \vert u_2 \rangle \vert D_1, U_2 \rangle \vert O_{D1}, O_{U2} \rangle + b_1 b_2 \vert d_1 \rangle \vert d_2 \rangle \vert D_1, D_2 \rangle \vert O_{D1}, O_{D2} \rangle##

1. How can I copy equations from a locked thread?

Unfortunately, if a thread is locked, it means that the original poster or the moderator has restricted access to the content. This is typically done to prevent spam or inappropriate comments. As such, it is not possible to copy equations from a locked thread.

2. Is there any way to unlock a thread to copy equations?

No, only the original poster or the moderator has the authority to unlock a thread. If you need equations from a locked thread, you can try reaching out to the original poster or creating a new thread with your specific question.

3. Can I use equations from a locked thread for my own research or project?

No, it is not ethical or legal to use equations from a locked thread without permission from the original poster. Additionally, the equations may not be accurate or reliable, so it is best to use verified sources for your research or project.

4. Are there any alternatives to copying equations from a locked thread?

If you are unable to access equations from a locked thread, you can try searching for similar equations on reputable websites or textbooks. You can also post your own question on a forum or discussion board to get help from other scientists or researchers.

5. Why are equations in a thread locked in the first place?

There are various reasons why a thread may be locked, such as violation of forum rules, inappropriate content, or spam. The purpose of locking a thread is to maintain the integrity and quality of the forum for all users.