Question in momentum of inertia

  • Thread starter Thread starter manal950
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Inertia Momentum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
manal950
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
http://store2.up-00.com/June12/ScF29742.jpg


can please help me how I can find N1 and N2

and I don't understand what mean by Speeeeed varies from above and below ? b]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
manal950 said:
and I don't understand what mean by Speeeeed varies from above and below ?
I believe it means that the flywheel smoothing is not perfect, it does not iron the speed out to be a perfectly constant 430 RPM. Rather, it smooths it out so that as the flywheel rotates, its instantaneous angular velocity during every revolution varies from a few % less than [what equates to] 430 RPM to the same few % faster than [what would equate to] 430 RPM.

430 RPM is the average (or mean) rotational speed.
 
see the teacher said

N1 = 430 + ( 0.02 X 430 ) = 438.6 rpm
N2 = 430 - (0.02 X 430 ) = 421.4 rpmHow is that please tell me
 
manal950 said:
see the teacher said

N1 = 430 + ( 0.02 X 430 ) = 438.6 rpm
N2 = 430 - (0.02 X 430 ) = 421.4 rpm


How is that please tell me
0.02 is 2% and I think I explained the rest in post #2
 
I know this 430 + ( 0.02)

but why then multiply in 430 ??
 
manal950 said:
I know this 430 + ( 0.02)

but why then multiply in 430 ??

That is how you calculate percent.

1% of 100 kilograms is 0.01 * 100kg = 1kg.

Does that make sense now?
 
And more like your problem,

Adding 1% to the mass of 100kg:

1.01 * 100kg = 100kg + 0.01 * 100kg = 101kg