Question on working out forces acting on a brick.

  • Thread starter Thread starter nxtgenlva
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Forces
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
nxtgenlva
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
http://imgur.com/MyxXW

Attempt at solution for the last question:
ƩF=f1-f2
Ʃf=25-2.81=22.19N
The force is acting downwards, towards the center of the earth.

Could you lovely people check this over and check if I have it right? Because I have a bad feeling about it.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Woohoo! I'm not going to fail A-level physics! Thanks man.
 
What about the friction? Imagine they put the brick on your arm. You would feel a downward force as you have calculated, yes. But if they started pulling the brick, would you feel your arm being pulled too, assuming that there was significant friction?
 
Friction has nothing to do with what the last question is asking.