Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I [Question] Tell me the latest catching news about black holes

1. Mar 12, 2018 #1
    Hello,

Thank you for opening this thread.

I am strongly interested in the universe, especially black hole.
    Though I am only eighteen years old, the more I read books about a black hole, the more my interest is getting powerful.

Therefore, I want to know the latest and exciting news about black holes.
    If you have, please feel free to post it.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2018 #2

DennisN

Gold Member
    2017 Award

Hi, BlackholeGirl, I would suggest you search for e.g. "black hole news" on this forum (search button is on the upper right side on the forum page), and you could also search for "black hole" on e.g. the news site phys.org. (a search example is here).

EDIT: And here is a thread with more links to science/physics news sites:
    http://www.physicsforums.com/thread...ions-on-physics-nothing-too-technical.918501/

EDIT 2: Bonus: and here is a post which may interest you, even though it's not fresh news:
    http://www.physicsforums.com/threads/our-beautiful-universe.800540/#post-5027918

4. Mar 12, 2018 #3
    Thank you, Mr./Ms. DennisN
    They are very helpful:)

5. Mar 12, 2018 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

The LIGO "Chirp" was pretty exciting news... What can you tell us about it? :smile:

6. Mar 12, 2018 #5
  7. Mar 12, 2018 #6
    That sounds like an interesting project. it's new to me.
    I don't get the bit about physically transporting data between the sites using disks or whatever flown on aircraft.
    Cannot see how this could be useful instead of normal data transmission.

8. Mar 13, 2018 #7
    I didn't understand it either, but I believe it is a LOT of data, and some of it at the South Pole, where they needed to wait for favorable weather conditions to transport it.

Perhaps it's too much data to send wirelessly, or perhaps some of the sites don't have good wireless connections. I have no idea why they went that route.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted