Questions about energy and gravity

• Thread starter John15
  • Start date
Please forgive me if any of the following questions are basic, but I am new to this.
Why does energy travel as waves.
What causes different wavelengths.
Do al natural wavelengths have the same amplitude.
What exactly does the term wavefunction mean/refer to.
How does gravity in newtonian differ from GR.
where does gravity come from.
Is there any relationship between gravity and energy.
Where does the gravity constant come from and why is it needed. Please dont say to make the numbers work.
I also have a question about gravitational properties at event horizon around biggest and smallest black holes i.e does mass inside event horizon affect gravitation at the event horizon around different sized BHs.

Answers and Replies

Another couple of questions
Where does the positive and negative aspects of energy come from.
Do energy wavelenths come as single wavelengths or are they continuous and do they have width as well as length.
Is the area between the electron orbit and the neucleus a perfect vacuum.
What speed does the electron orbit.
Does it orbit as a wave or particle.

Is the area between the electron orbit and the neucleus a perfect vacuum.

I can't answer your other question with enough confidence, but this question has come up twice recently and I don't think we need another thread with it in. So I think it's best we leave it out.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=418871

Thanks for link but that seems to ask about between atoms I was asking about within the structure of the atom.
Final question I think, we know the gravitational effect on water through the tides does the atmosphere show the same tidal effects.
Sorry about the number of questions but I tend to forget if I dont ask while I think of them.

Thanks for link but that seems to ask about between atoms I was asking about within the structure of the atom.

It's the same question, just using different microscopic points. On those levels it's really a non-issue.
Final question I think, we know the gravitational effect on water through the tides does the atmosphere show the same tidal effects.

The gravitational effect on water is no different to its effect on any other matter - it's just that on water it produces a far more visible effect. So yes, it does effect the atmosphere.

Here's an article on this exact question: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=does-the-moon-have-a-tida

Lot of questions but not many answers, maybe not given it enought time but I am new to this site and was wondering if my questions are posted in the right place or if its worth trying a different section.