Questions about energy and gravity

In summary, waves are caused by energy traveling in various wavelengths. These wavelengths have different amplitudes, and gravity is the force that causes objects with mass to interact with each other. Gravity comes from the force of energy against the force of mass.
John15
Please forgive me if any of the following questions are basic, but I am new to this.
Why does energy travel as waves.
What causes different wavelengths.
Do al natural wavelengths have the same amplitude.
What exactly does the term wavefunction mean/refer to.
How does gravity in Newtonian differ from GR.
where does gravity come from.
Is there any relationship between gravity and energy.
Where does the gravity constant come from and why is it needed. Please don't say to make the numbers work.
I also have a question about gravitational properties at event horizon around biggest and smallest black holes i.e does mass inside event horizon affect gravitation at the event horizon around different sized BHs.

Physics news on Phys.org
Another couple of questions
Where does the positive and negative aspects of energy come from.
Do energy wavelenths come as single wavelengths or are they continuous and do they have width as well as length.
Is the area between the electron orbit and the neucleus a perfect vacuum.
What speed does the electron orbit.
Does it orbit as a wave or particle.

John15 said:
Is the area between the electron orbit and the neucleus a perfect vacuum.

I can't answer your other question with enough confidence, but this question has come up twice recently and I don't think we need another thread with it in. So I think it's best we leave it out.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=418871

Thanks for link but that seems to ask about between atoms I was asking about within the structure of the atom.
Final question I think, we know the gravitational effect on water through the tides does the atmosphere show the same tidal effects.
Sorry about the number of questions but I tend to forget if I don't ask while I think of them.

John15 said:
Thanks for link but that seems to ask about between atoms I was asking about within the structure of the atom.

It's the same question, just using different microscopic points. On those levels it's really a non-issue.
Final question I think, we know the gravitational effect on water through the tides does the atmosphere show the same tidal effects.

The gravitational effect on water is no different to its effect on any other matter - it's just that on water it produces a far more visible effect. So yes, it does effect the atmosphere.

Here's an article on this exact question: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=does-the-moon-have-a-tida

Lot of questions but not many answers, maybe not given it enought time but I am new to this site and was wondering if my questions are posted in the right place or if its worth trying a different section.

1. What is energy and how is it related to gravity?

Energy is the ability to do work. It is related to gravity because gravity is a force that results in the movement of objects, which requires energy.

2. Can energy be created or destroyed?

According to the law of conservation of energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed from one form to another.

3. How does gravity affect energy?

Gravity affects energy by influencing the movement and position of objects. For example, potential energy is increased when an object is lifted against gravity and kinetic energy is decreased when an object is moving against gravity.

4. What is the relationship between mass and gravity?

Mass and gravity are directly proportional. The greater the mass of an object, the greater its gravitational force.

5. How are energy and gravity related to the concept of black holes?

Black holes are formed when a massive star collapses under its own gravity, creating a singularity with infinite density and zero volume. This intense gravitational pull also affects the energy around it, making it impossible for anything, including light, to escape.