1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick question about Stafford loans

Tags:
  1. Mar 26, 2009 #1
    I am analyzing my payment options for my last year of college and I just wanted to confirm this:

You do not have to make payments for your undergrad Stafford loans if you are enrolled as a full-time student in a PhD program--right? In other words, interest may accumulate, but I would not be required to actually pay anything until I get my graduate degree.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2009 #2
    Anyone? I'm sure there's someone who took loans as an undergrad and then went to grad school around here...

4. Mar 27, 2009 #3
    For my government subsidized loans (including stafford), being in a grad program full time means that the government is required to pay the interest during that time. I believe there is a law passed that requires this, but check with your undergraduate office of financial aid to make sure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook