Radical probelm can someone please check my answers?

• Thread starter zelda1850
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Radical
So in summary, it seems like you have a good understanding of simplifying expressions involving square and cube roots. You just need to pay attention to signs and simplifying further if possible. Keep up the good work!
zelda1850
anyone mind checking my homework and help me with the problems i got wrong

1)-5[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] - 3[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] = -8[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex]

2)2[tex]\sqrt{8}[/tex] - [tex]\sqrt{8}[/tex] = 4[tex]\sqrt{2}[/tex] - 2[tex]\sqrt{2}[/tex] =
2[tex]\sqrt{2}[/tex]

3)-4[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex] - [tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex] = -4[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex]

4)-3[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] + 2[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex]

5)-3[tex]\sqrt{27}[/tex] - 3[tex]\sqrt{27}[/tex] - 3[tex]\sqrt{27}[/tex] = -9[tex]\sqrt{27}[/tex]

6)-3[tex]\sqrt{12}[/tex] + 3[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] + 3[tex]\sqrt{20}[/tex] = -6[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] + 3[tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] + 6[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex]

7)-2[tex]\sqrt{45}[/tex] - 3[tex]\sqrt{20}[/tex] - 2[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex] = -6[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] - 6[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] - 2[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] - 2[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex]

8)[tex]\sqrt{6}[/tex] * [tex]\sqrt{2}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt{12}[/tex]

9)[tex]\sqrt{5}[/tex] * [tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt{15}[/tex]

10)[tex]\sqrt[3]{3}[/tex] * [tex]\sqrt[3]{9}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt[3]{27}[/tex] = 3

11)[tex]\sqrt[3]{-20}[/tex] * [tex]\sqrt[3]{3}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt[3]{60}[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org
3) is wrong, probably a typo...
4) is wrong: the sign is incorrect
6) is correct, but you can simplify it further: I see two [tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] there...
7) the second step is wrong, I really don't see how you got there
8) can be simplified further...
11) your sign is wrong

can u tell me how i can fix number 11 and number 7?

For number 11, you just need that the cube root of a negative is a negative. Thus [tex]\sqrt[3]{-20}=-\sqrt[3]{20}[/tex].

For number 7:

[tex]-6\sqrt[3]{5}-5\sqrt[3]{5}=(-6-6)\sqrt[3]{5}=-12\sqrt[3]{5}[/tex]

Also, 5) is correct, but you can simplify it a little more too.

Related to Radical probelm can someone please check my answers?

1. What is a radical problem?

A radical problem is a complex issue or challenge that requires a fundamental change or transformation in order to be solved. It often involves questioning and challenging existing systems, beliefs, or norms.

2. How do you identify a radical problem?

Identifying a radical problem involves critically examining the root causes of an issue, rather than just focusing on the superficial symptoms. It also requires recognizing patterns and connections between seemingly unrelated problems.

3. What are some examples of radical problems?

Some examples of radical problems include climate change, systemic racism, wealth inequality, and political polarization. These issues require significant shifts in attitudes, behaviors, and policies in order to be effectively addressed.

4. How can radical problems be solved?

Solving radical problems often involves taking a holistic and interdisciplinary approach. It may require collaboration between different stakeholders, innovative thinking, and a willingness to challenge traditional ways of thinking and doing things.

5. What role does science play in addressing radical problems?

Science can play a crucial role in addressing radical problems by providing evidence-based solutions and informing decision-making processes. It can also help to identify and understand the root causes of these problems and develop strategies to address them.