Radius of curvature usng: M/I= σ/Y = E/R

  • Thread starter Thread starter a5hl3yi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curvature Radius
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 31K views
a5hl3yi
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Question:

How do I use this formula to find the Radius of curvature?

Formula:

M/I= σ/Y = E/R (M = bending moment, I = second moment of aria, σ = stress, y = distance from nutral axia, E = modulus of elasticity & R = radius of curvature)

Attempt:

In this question, I have all of the values except the radius of curvature, but I don't understand how to use this formula. If someone could rearrange the formula for me and post it, it would be much apriciated.

Thanx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
They are all equal to one another. But if you have to use them to solve anything, you need to use any pair of the equations. For example, I could use

M/I = σ/y OR M/I=E/R