1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ramp Function in MATLAB? also window adjustments (MATLAB Help)

1. Feb 4, 2013 #1
    1. I produced a unit set function in matlab however my professor requires me to use a ramp function to be multiplied to a signal to filter out unnecessary parts of an earthquake chirp, this is being used in my project to determine whether the chirp was caused by a nuclear bomb.

2. ideally i'd like something similar to a unit step function but it doesn't go from 0 to 1 immediately, preferably in a linear fashion.

3. I tried modifying my unit step function but i haven't had any luck using conditional statements yet... I get the same result.
    Just an aside question for MATLAB, how do i adjust the window. i can set the domain, however the range gets skewed if there's an outlier in my data that goes off to infinity my entire graph gets screwed up unless i delete the outliers by hand, which is a pain especially since there are many of them. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2013 #2
    well i have the unit function but it goes from 0 to 1 with a ramp between that range

4. Feb 8, 2013 #3
    thanks alot for the help, assholes

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook