Rate of Reaction with Respect to Temperature

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Teemo
Messages
44
Reaction score
3

Homework Statement


The rate of a reaction at 100˚C is four times the rate at
50˚C. What is its activation energy?
(A) 1152 kJ. mol-1
(B) 80.1 kJ. mol-1
(C) 54.0 kJ. mol-1
(D) 27.8 kJ. mol-1


Homework Equations


k=e-Ea/RT


The Attempt at a Solution


I plugged in the activation energies into the equation to see the changes in rate at different temperatures, but I can't solve for the one that is 4x the rate at 100 degrees.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Teemo said:
I plugged in the activation energies into the equation to see the changes in rate at different temperatures, but I can't solve for the one that is 4x the rate at 100 degrees.
Please show your work.