Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RE: Thoughts on existence (& happiness)

1. Jan 1, 2007 #1
    RE: Thoughts on existence (& happiness)
    Sorry I'm not sure if its o.k. to continue a thread, I just find this an interesting subject because it's such a basic question.
    What are peoples reasons for living from one day to another? Not only as individual humans but as a whole specie. I'm not even sure if that question justifies my thoughts. My thoughts on this are that we want to satisfy a need to be happy, at a intellectual level and at a primal one...an instinct to survive because humans fear (in a different tangent this i believe is where religion is born...:surprised )
    ...and for humans to be happy in whatever it is they do with their own lives - everyone has their own trip in life :biggrin: .

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2007 #2
  4. Jan 1, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It's not ok to continue a locked thread, but it sounds like you want to discuss something different.

Just a reminder, discussions of religion are not allowed here except with very strict restrictions, as in the thread currently in GD, which is more a discussion of political ramifications.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  5. Jan 1, 2007 #4
    It's not a locked thread, this topic just stems off the other thread - and thought it deserved its own thread:tongue2:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  6. Jan 1, 2007 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The thread you linked to above is locked.

7. Jan 1, 2007 #6
    I meant "thoughts on existence"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?