Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)

In summary, the problem involves a net force of 14 N accelerating a 9 kg mass over a distance of 8 m. The question asks for the increase in kinetic energy of the mass, which can be solved using the equation KE = 1/2 mv^2. The solution provided in the attempt is incorrect and a factor of 2 is missing. A handy reference for equations of motion can be found at http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mot.html#mot1 and a more specific reference for this problem can be found at http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mot.html#mot5.
JohnJay

Homework Statement

A net force of 14 N accelerates a 9 kg mass over a distance of 8 m.

What is the increase in kinetic energy of the mass?

Homework Equations

P = W x T

The Attempt at a Solution

8 x 14
-----
9 = 12.44 but its wrong

Physics news on Phys.org

I appreciate your attempt at solving this problem. However, your equation and solution are incorrect. The equation for calculating kinetic energy is KE = 1/2 x mass x velocity^2. In this case, the velocity is not given, so we cannot calculate the increase in kinetic energy. We would need to know the initial and final velocities of the mass in order to accurately calculate the change in kinetic energy. Additionally, the net force and distance are not directly related to kinetic energy, so your attempt is not a valid approach to solving this problem. I recommend reviewing the concept of kinetic energy and its equation to better understand how to solve this type of problem.

What is "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)"?

"Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)" is a phrase used to describe a task or project that has been completed in a very short amount of time.

Why is "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)" important?

"Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)" is important because it can save time and resources, allowing for more efficient completion of tasks and projects.

What are the benefits of completing "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)"?

The benefits of completing "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)" include saving time, increasing productivity, and being able to move on to other tasks or projects more quickly.

How can one improve their ability to complete "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)"?

To improve the ability to complete "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)", one can practice time management, prioritize tasks, and utilize efficient work strategies.

What are some common challenges when trying to complete "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)"?

Some common challenges when trying to complete "Really Quick Work Done Q (I've tried)" include time constraints, unexpected obstacles, and lack of resources or support.