Recommendations for an institution for a PhD in Medical Physics

Excuse me guys. I have been in some stress while choosing to pursue a career in Medical Physics. I would like to enroll for PhD course in Medical Physics concentrating on Radiology/ Oncology. However, I found it hard to choose between CAMPEP accredited institutions. I have a BSc in Physics with a lower CGPA of 3.06. Therefore, I would really appreciate if you could help me with any institution preferably at USA which provides greater chance in a reasonably funded PhD in Medical Physics.
Thank you.

Answers and Replies

Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Hi Faisal,
All CAMPEP-accredited medical physics programs are competitive to get into. They should all publish their admission statistics, so if you want to seriously factor the numbers into your decision, your best bet is just to go through them systematically.

If it helps, you could look at the Canadian programs. Most tend to calculate GPA weighted toward your more recent years - so if you're GPA has an upward trend with time, you'll be seen in a more positive light. And while they don't all provide guaranteed financial support, it's very common students to get QA jobs that allow them to support themselves.

Likes gleem, berkeman and Faisal Moshiur
I enrolled at UManitoba as a graduate student in medical physics. It seems they look for above 3.50 on the 4.5 scale, but will consider you over 3.00