• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Recommended electronic components books

lay

Main Question or Discussion Point

hello, I am new here, nice to meet you here. I want to learn knowledge related to electronic components, can you recommend me some books or online website for me to study? thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
hello, I am new here, nice to meet you here. I want to learn knowledge related to electronic components, can you recommend me some books or online website for me to study? thanks in advance
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What is your background so far? Your Profile page says that you have completed undergrad. What was your degree in?

What aspects of components do you want to learn about? The basic material science behind resistors, capacitors, etc.? Or how components are designed to optimize certain characteristics for certain applications (like low-inductance capacitors and resistors for RF applications, etc.)?

Or are you more interested in Integrated Circuits and semiconductors?

We need more information in order to offer you useful suggestions. Thanks. :smile:

Last edited:
WHOOHM
Gold Member
You might want to consider getting a basic starter kit from a place like Parallax that will give you an intro to microcontrollers. They will have some project books that will gently introduce you to electronic components and how to interface with them for projects. It can be a lot of fun and a good way to learn electronics in a practical manner. Looking at the basic physics of components (i.e., resister, capacitor, inductor) is also a good side study while working on some hands-on projects.