Recommended Number Theory Textbooks?

In summary, number theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, particularly integers. It has numerous real-world applications in fields such as cryptography, computer science, and physics. Some recommended textbooks for beginners are "Elementary Number Theory" by Kenneth H. Rosen, "A Friendly Introduction to Number Theory" by Joseph H. Silverman, and "An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers" by G. H. Hardy and E. M. Wright. For more experienced readers, there are advanced textbooks such as "Algebraic Number Theory" by J. W. S. Cassels and A. Fröhlich, "Analytic Number Theory" by Donald J. Newman, and "Introduction to Modern Number
x BlueRobot
Does anyone know any recommended Number Theory textbooks for independent study? I have a few lecture notes/eBooks, but I always prefer having a physical textbook which I can read and learn from.

I would prefer a textbook with exercises + answers, so I can check if my answers are correct. I'm also looking for a textbook which will give a strong foundation for learning more advanced Number Theory topics later on.

Thanks,

Harry

Physics news on Phys.org
Elementary Number Theory by Jones and Jones.

Likes 1 person
Thanks, I ordered it from Amazon earlier today, it should be arriving tomorrow.

1. What is number theory?

Number theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, particularly integers.

2. Why is number theory important?

Number theory is important because it has numerous real-world applications in fields such as cryptography, computer science, and physics. It also helps us understand the fundamental nature of numbers and their patterns.

3. What are some recommended number theory textbooks for beginners?

Some recommended number theory textbooks for beginners include "Elementary Number Theory" by Kenneth H. Rosen, "A Friendly Introduction to Number Theory" by Joseph H. Silverman, and "An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers" by G. H. Hardy and E. M. Wright.

4. What are some advanced number theory textbooks for more experienced readers?

Some advanced number theory textbooks for more experienced readers include "Algebraic Number Theory" by J. W. S. Cassels and A. Fröhlich, "Analytic Number Theory" by Donald J. Newman, and "Introduction to Modern Number Theory" by Yu. I. Manin and A. A. Panchishkin.

5. Are there any online resources for learning number theory?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning number theory, such as lecture notes, video lectures, and interactive tutorials. Some popular websites for learning number theory include Khan Academy, Brilliant, and Numberphile on YouTube.