1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rectangle inscribed in Triangle

1. Aug 7, 2010 #1

IB1

Let PQRS be a rectangle inscribed in a triangle ABC(i.e P is in AC, Q in BC and R,S are in AB). Find the locus of points that are intersection of diagonals of the rectangle. (i.e find the locus of intersection of RQ and PS)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2010 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like a homework problem!

If you would care to post where you've gotten on the problem (even if your thoughts are seemingly trivial), then maybe we could help you work through the point where you're stuck.

4. Aug 7, 2010 #3

IB1

Hi. Well, it's not a homework problem, that's for sure. I haven't done much progress on this problem, seems quite hard. Or perhaps just my elementary geometry skills suck ? I've tried to somehow interpret this geometric problem in complex numbers' language, you know, but didn't really work as I thought. First I thought the locus should be a line, but now I doubt it. I think it's not. I may be wrong. Thank you !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook