Refer me to a book of calculus to clear the basic concepts

Can anyone refer me a good book for calculus from which i can clear the basic concepts.

Answers and Replies

George F. Simmons' Calculus with Analytic Geometry will suit your need as the explanations are clear and quite basic.

Simmons is good, maybe try Thomas/Finnly: Calculus with analytical geometry 9th ed.
Serge Lang Calculus is also nice.

I found Simmons good, however, the explanation of sequence and series was lacking.

Simmons is good, maybe try Thomas/Finnly: Calculus with analytical geometry 9th ed.
Serge Lang Calculus is also nice.

I found Simmons good, however, the explanation of sequence and series was lacking.

I like Lang too but I feel like the book does not have many exercises. Simmons does have huge amount of problems (each of them are very well-crafted) that are designed to connect one concept from another. I think the explanation for series and sequence was adequate in a level of non-rigorousness.

I'm learning calculus from a combination of A First Course by Lang and Calculus with Analytical Geometry by Thomas, and it's been working really well for me so far. I also have a book by Morris Kline that has nice explanations, but I think using three resources is a bit too much.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2020 Award
I like the very clear and elementary explanations in this book, as an introduction. I am assuming you know nothing about calculus, or are struggling in a beginning course. If you meant you already know computational calculus and want to plumb the deeper foundations, then other books are in order, like Spivak or Courant and John:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0812098196/?tag=pfamazon01-20

QuantumQuest
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member