Refractive index of Vanillin and p-bromobenzophenone

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
shad0w0f3vil
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have an organic chemistry assignment identifying an unknown sample. My tutor has asked for the properties (I can find all but refractive index) for vanillin and p-bromobenzophenone.

I found that for Vanillin it is 1.555 but I know that it changes with temperature and I cannot find a temperature for this reading.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a good website or has a good chemistry textbook lying around with this information (I couldn't find it in the VOGEL text...)

Kind regards,
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
shad0w0f3vil said:
Hi,

I have an organic chemistry assignment identifying an unknown sample. My tutor has asked for the properties (I can find all but refractive index) for vanillin and p-bromobenzophenone.

I found that for Vanillin it is 1.555 but I know that it changes with temperature and I cannot find a temperature for this reading.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a good website or has a good chemistry textbook lying around with this information (I couldn't find it in the VOGEL text...)

Kind regards,

Try the CRC Handbook
 
gabriels-horn said:
Try the CRC Handbook

I downloaded the handbook and only found dibromobenzophenone.

Any other ideas please?
 
shad0w0f3vil said:
I downloaded the handbook and only found dibromobenzophenone.

Any other ideas please?

Where do you download the CRC handbook?
 
I found that for Vanillin it is 1.555 but I know that it changes with temperature and I cannot find a temperature for this reading.

Probably safe to assume 25C.