Regarding the coherence of a photon pair decaying from Higgs

Summary:

Are the photons coherent and what does this indicate?
Hi all. I have been reading the following article and have a couple of basic questions about the decay of the Higgs into photons process -
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/lhc-part-4-searching-new-particles-decays/
As i understand this decay - the photons will have the same frequency and opposite coherent spin, is that correct? Is there entanglement? If so does this rule out intermediate particle creation and decay? Thanks, all.

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
The frequencies are not the same in the lab frame. They are the same in the center of mass frame, but that justg says the frequencies are the same in the frame where the frequencies are the same. Not sure how this helps.

Thanks Vanadium 50. Any information will be helpful.

The question is not specific to the article, just that i began to wonder how the 'Higgs-into-photon pair' decay takes place in general (before tackling the article) - and to clarify whether such a decay is a direct decay to photons without intermediate particles - is entanglement evidence of no intermediate particles - can/has entanglement be tested? I hope the question actually makes sense, but if not i'm sure i will still be learning what i need to know.

At 125 Gev, I am also wondering - can the basic formula '1 electron-volt [eV] = 241799050402417 hertz [Hz]' be used to infer a frequency of about ~ 3.022 e+25 /2 Hz. for frequency of the photons (in the center of mass frame)?