Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Remote Volume Control for 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier

1. Sep 10, 2008 #1
    Hi,
    i want to know if there is a possibility to add a remote volume control to this amplifier above.
    I just have to control the volume of both channels.
    The buttons themselves don't have to move, just the power should go up and down by the remote.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Regards

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2008 #2

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The normal way of doing this would be to add an audio control unit between the source and the amp, set the amp buttons to max and the control unit sets the power.
    Perhaps you can find a remote control audio mixer of some sort.
    Or you could build one.
    Modifying the amp itself would void any warranty.

4. Sep 10, 2008 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Depending upon how the amplifier was designed, and also how exactly it was built (what sort of components, mountings, etc.) this could be either trivial or really painful. Without being able to take one apart to look at how it was built, I couldn't say.

- Warren

5. Feb 18, 2009 #4

Maybe you should try this

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/k...e-electronics-volume-remote-control/VRCE.html

Keene Volume Remote Control

Ever wished your amplifier had remote control for the volume? Now you can easily add IR remote control to most amplifiers with this simple device. It has two phono sockets for line in and two for line out. Simply connect it in line, position the IR receiver wherever you find convenient and have easy volume adjustment. LEDs for power and confirmation of up and down commands.

It can be used in a number of ways:

Inline in between pre/power amp combinations

Within tape line out/line in loop (if vacant) with the amp set to tape monitor

In between say CD player line out and amp line in (to control that device volume only)

Inserted In the audio output line of say a satellite receiver to balance the volume relative to other devices connected to your AV amp or TV

or you can try with a remote controlled passive preamplifier

http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/K8022

Passive Pre Amp Kit with RF Remote Control

This one comes as a kit

http://www.whatcircuits.com/store/r...I2C_Infrared_Audio_Control_Interface_Kit.html

Features:
    • Control ANY audio equipment!
    • Controls audio levels from any of your equipment!
    • Learns the signal from your existing IR remote controls!
    • 2-Channel RCA audio in/out connections
    • Electronic kit, assembly required

NoTime Re: Remote Volume Control for 2-channel Pyle Pro Amplifier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The normal way of doing this would be to add an audio control unit between the source and the amp, set the amp buttons to max and the control unit sets the power.
    Perhaps you can find a remote control audio mixer of some sort
    Or you could build one.
    Modifying the amp itself would void any warranty.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?