Requesting the Help of some Physics Majors

• Thread starter Orion4200
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the speaker is looking for two people who can provide references for how math is used in their major, Physics, for a college paper. However, they are having trouble finding professionals in their area who are willing to be interviewed. They already know the answer and could write the essay themselves, but they must follow the classroom rules. They are asking for help and thanking the audience for their time.
Orion4200
For a paper in my college math class I need to interview 2 people that can give me reference for how math is used in my major. The problem is, I live in southern Utah and Physics professionals of any kind are about as common as leprechauns. I need at least two people who don't mind being used as a reference in a college paper to give a statement about how mathematics effects Physics. I know the answer already and can probably write a five page essay on the matter by myself, but alas, one must follow the rules of the classroom. Any help is extremely appreciated, and thank you for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview requests are no longer allowed at the PF.

Related to Requesting the Help of some Physics Majors

1. What is the best way to request the help of physics majors?

The best way to request the help of physics majors is to directly reach out to them through email or in person. You can also post on online forums or social media groups specific to physics majors to increase your chances of finding someone who can help.

2. How can I find physics majors who are willing to help with my project?

You can find physics majors who are willing to help by networking with professors and students in the physics department at your university. Additionally, you can attend physics club meetings or events to meet potential helpers. Online platforms such as LinkedIn and research networking sites can also be useful in connecting with physics majors.

3. What should I include in my request for help from physics majors?

In your request for help, be sure to clearly state the purpose of your project and what specific assistance you are seeking from physics majors. Provide a brief overview of your project and any relevant details that may help them understand the scope of your work. It is also helpful to mention any specific skills or knowledge you are looking for in a potential helper.

4. Are there any resources available to help me connect with physics majors?

Yes, there are several resources available to help you connect with physics majors. Your university's career center or physics department may have a list of current students or alumni who are open to mentoring or providing assistance. Online platforms such as research networking sites, physics forums, and social media groups can also be helpful in connecting with physics majors.

5. Is it appropriate to offer compensation for the help of physics majors?

It is common practice to offer compensation for the help of physics majors, especially if you are seeking their assistance for a research project or experiment. This can be in the form of a stipend, research credit, or even a volunteer opportunity. However, be sure to discuss compensation expectations upfront and come to an agreement that works for both parties.