1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stuck on some Physics, help please (Work and Energy)?

1. Nov 3, 2009 #1
    Stuck on some Physics, help please!! (Work and Energy)?

K this first one im not sure how to do it.. i did the second part, thats because i had all the variables but in this one i dont...

ok this is about skeleton racers... the track total height is 104m, in the absence of nonconservative forces, such as friction and air resistance, what would be the speed of a rider at the bottom of the track? ignore initial velocity since its relatively small.

and

In 2.0min a ski lift raises four skiers at constant speed to a height of 140m. the average mass of each skier is 65kg. what is the average power provided by the tension in the cable pulling...

i know what to but i just cant figure out the Work... i know that power = work/time.. so if i could get some help that would be greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2009 #2
    Re: Stuck on some Physics, help please!! (Work and Energy)?

can someone please help me understand these two problems??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook