Requirements for Becoming a Pilot at 16

• Thread starter shahanslv
  • Start date
In summary: In summary, to become a pilot, you will need to start studying and gaining experience in flying an aircraft. There are two types of pilots: commercial and government. Experience is based on hours of flying and it can be expensive. To become a commercial pilot, you will need to join a pilot club and potentially get a private pilot license. A degree may also be required, depending on your location.
shahanslv
Hey I am 16 i just finished my ordinary level cambridge exams and I am planning of being pilot.So what are the requirements i need to be pilot?

Physics news on Phys.org
As as as i know there are two types: commercial pilot and government (air force) pilot.
May be you need to join pilot club near place and they will give you many information. Experience is based on hours of driving the air craft. Also i guess it is expensive.
good luck.

My guess would be to learn to fly and get your private pilot license, followed by joining the military.

Tanx ppl. bt the thing is i want to get into the commercial pilot side?.btw do we need any degree for it?

I think you are from the US.
I don't the details, but this link might be helpful.
http://www.bestaviation.net/art_how_to_become_a_pilot_faa.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
shahanslv said:
Hey I am 16 i just finished my ordinary level cambridge exams and I am planning of being pilot.So what are the requirements i need to be pilot?
Start studying.

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/airplane_handbook/

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/pilot_handbook/

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the minimum age requirements for becoming a pilot at 16?

The minimum age requirement to obtain a student pilot certificate at 16 years old is set by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States. However, this does not necessarily mean that you can start flying solo at 16. The minimum age to fly solo is 16 for airplanes and gliders, and 14 for balloon and airship pilots.

2. Are there any educational or academic requirements for becoming a pilot at 16?

Yes, there are educational requirements for becoming a pilot at 16. According to the FAA, you must be able to read, speak, and understand English and have a high school diploma or equivalent. You will also need to pass a FAA medical exam and obtain a student pilot certificate.

3. Can you start training to become a pilot at 16?

Yes, you can start training to become a pilot at 16. As mentioned before, the minimum age to obtain a student pilot certificate is 16. However, you will need to be at least 17 years old to obtain a private pilot license, which is required to fly solo.

4. What are the steps to becoming a pilot at 16?

The first step to becoming a pilot at 16 is to obtain a student pilot certificate from the FAA. This requires passing a medical exam and written test. Then, you can start flight training with a certified flight instructor. Once you turn 17 and have completed the necessary training, you can take the practical exam to obtain your private pilot license.

5. Are there any restrictions on the types of aircraft a 16-year-old pilot can fly?

Yes, there are restrictions on the types of aircraft a 16-year-old pilot can fly. According to the FAA, student pilots are only allowed to fly certain types of aircraft, such as single-engine airplanes, during their training. They are not permitted to fly at night or in certain weather conditions until they obtain their private pilot license at 17.