Research paper reading suggestions

Hey guys, I am currently in 11th grade.
I am just used to solving Olympiad problems and proving some random theorems. I think i should start studying some reasearch papers for ny own benefit..any suggestions for where to start with?
Suggest from intro to intermediate level...will be fine! Thankyou!

Also i believe I can work on some intro level research projects...if anyy pls!!

Answers and Replies

Research papers are usually at the front of research activities, which is far away from any introducing character. Quite the contrary of what you are asking for: you need to read a lot of introductory textbooks in order to understand research papers.

My suggestion is to read some historical papers instead, e.g. Noether, Einstein, Planck.

Likes Physicistpropeller
Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Gold Member
American Journal Of Physics.....

Research papers are usually at the front of research activities, which is far away from any introducing character. Quite the contrary of what you are asking for: you need to read a lot of introductory textbooks in order to understand research papers.

My suggestion is to read some historical papers instead, e.g. Noether, Einstein, Planck.
yea! I was thinking to start with principia as a starting thesis... which historical papers u suggest by the way and thanks

The Principia is a bit mighty, and possibly too old-fashioned. I think Einstein is doable.

Likes Physicistpropeller
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
The Principia is impenetrable. Especially in the original Latin.

I'm not a big fan of original papers for this purpse. They are intended for experts to explain theories in an early stage of development to other experts. Not to teach theories that have been around for a while to non-experts.

Likes Physicistpropeller
The Principia is impenetrable. Especially in the original Latin.

I'm not a big fan of original papers for this purpse. They are intended for experts to explain theories in an early stage of development to other experts. Not to teach theories that have been around for a while to non-experts.
i got you....the thing is i was just intending to know how they reached to this that conclusion... how they verified this And all through papers/thesis so yeah

Last edited by a moderator: