Retrieving old Posts Suggestions. Linking/Copying link?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, when having trouble finding old posts, you can copy the address from your browser's address bar for a link to the whole thread. Clicking the post number at the top right of the post gives a permalink, and as a gold member or science advisor, you can bookmark posts via the forum feature or browser bookmarks.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi,
I have trouble finding old posts sometime.

I am curious as to whether just copying the link of the post for myself and then linking to it when I want it would help me access any post that interests me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Usually, copying the address from your browser's address bar gives you a link to the whole thread. Clicking the post number at the top right of the post, to the left of the date, gives you a permalink to the post itself, which you can copy.

Likes WWGD
As gold member (or as science advisor) you can also bookmark posts you are interested in, the forum saves a list of bookmarks you set.

Likes WWGD
mfb said:
bookmarks you set
by right clicking the post number.

Likes WWGD
Your browser bookmarks are another option. I meant the forum feature which you can access via the "bookmark" link at the bottom of a post.

Likes dlgoff and WWGD

1. How can I retrieve old posts on social media?

The best way to retrieve old posts on social media is by using the search function or going through your profile's activity log. You can also try reaching out to the social media platform's customer support for assistance.

2. Is there a way to filter old posts by date on social media?

Yes, most social media platforms have a feature that allows you to filter posts by date. This can usually be found in the search or activity log options.

3. Can I copy or link to an old post on social media?

Yes, you can usually copy the link to an old post on social media and share it with others. Some platforms also have the option to directly link to a post on your profile.

4. How far back can I retrieve old posts on social media?

This depends on the specific social media platform and your account's activity. Some platforms may only allow you to retrieve posts from a few months back, while others may have no time limit.

5. Are there any tools or third-party apps that can help me retrieve old posts on social media?

Yes, there are several tools and third-party apps that claim to help you retrieve old posts on social media. However, be cautious when using these as they may not always be reliable and could potentially pose a security risk.