1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Richard Feynman's lectures on physics

1. Apr 24, 2012 #1
    I am doing electrical engineering. I wish to know about Electromagnetics fields. I read little bit in Richard Feynman's lectures on Physics and I liked it a lot. Actually he had written about Emf in Volume 2. Will I be able to understand Volume 2 without seeing Volume 1?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2012 #2
    I think so. Provided you know some physics 1 topics from school or whatnot.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. Apr 24, 2012 #3
  5. Apr 25, 2012 #4
    FLP I and II are part of the same physics course, not two separate physics courses, and so there are many dependencies. As Daverz points out there is an extended discussion of electromagnetic radiation in Vol. I, starting with the mathematical prerequisites in chapter 21, Algebra, and continuing unabated through chapter 36, Mechanisms of Seeing, all together constituting about 1/3rd of Vol. I. Moreover, in Vol. II there are 121 references to chapters, sections, figures, tables and equations in Vol. I which will be meaningless if you don't have it.

Mike Gottlieb
    Editor, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
    www.feynmanlectures.info

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook