1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RIemann-Weyl formula and application

1. Apr 22, 2008 #1
    given a real function 'f' so the Fourier transform of f(x) exists and assuming Riemann Hypothesis is true so all the non-trivial zeros of Riemann Zeta are of the form 1/2+it then the Riemann-Weyl formula

[tex] \sum _{t} f(t) = f(i/2)+f(-i/2)+2g(0)\pi- (2\pi)^{-1} \int_{-\infty}^{\infty}dr f(r) \frac{ \Gamma '(1/4+ir/2) }{\Gamma (1/4+ir/2)}+ \sum _{n=1}^{\infty} \Lambda (n) (n)^ {-1/2}g(lon) [/tex]

the first sum run over the non-trivial zeros, my question is if all the zeros are 1/2+it with 't' real number , the only condition for Riemann-Weyl formula to converge is that the Fourier transform of f(x) , which can be a function or a distribution must exists ? , under what conditions can be apply Riemann-Weyl summation formula? , if f(x) is a function g(u) is its Fourier transform

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2008 #2
    Lets clarify this. The question is confusing. Please use more simple sentences if you can.

4. Apr 23, 2008 #3
    Sorry Ramsey , my question was

I have given a formula (Riemann Weyl formula) that relates a sum over the imaginary part of the zeros of Riemann zeta that are in the form 1/2+it

assuming Riemann Hypothesis is true so all the 't' are real, i think that the formula is correct in case the Fourier transform of f(x) exists but i am not sure.

for example if i wan to obtain the sum of [tex] e^{-t^{2}} [/tex] where 't' runs over the imaginary part of all Zeta zeros in the form [tex] \zeta (1/2+it)=0 [/tex] , assuming RH is real could we use the Riemann-Weyl formula ? that was all thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?