Rijuven's CardioSleeve -- stethoscope add-on for 3-lead EKG

  • Thread starter Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Admin
Messages
69,782
Reaction score
25,630
Pretty interesting idea... A small 3-lead EKG pickup device that you attach to your stethoscope so you can acquire a basic EKG trace during your exam without having to pull out your monitor and place electrode patches on the patient... Has anyone used or seen these yet? I wonder how much weight it adds to the stethoscope...

https://rijuven.com/medicaldevices/cardiosleeve
cardiosleeve_with_steth_portrait.png

CS_5.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg
Biology news on Phys.org
Nice. That's definitely one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things.
 
berkeman said:
I wonder how much weight it adds to the stethoscope...

https://rijuven.com/medicaldevices/cardiosleeve
From the link about 1/3 of the way down the page: Only 1.7oz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Borg said:
Nice. That's definitely one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things.
I should have followed up with a device I made to show kids in a science class ten years ago:) I had an oscilloscope and a big lens to throw the output onto a large screen and used a styrofoam cup from Burger King with a Piezo pickup glued inside and then the signal going straight to the O'scope. Put the cup on a volunteer kid's chest and you could see the heartbeat directly on the screen, no electronics or amps needed, just the bare output of the piezo pickup going straightway to the scope and the heartbeat was visible!
Oh well, another invention lost by me:)