Ring in the New Year: Celebrate 2021!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ring Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
97 replies · 10K views
Math Is Hard said:
Mom keeps telling me I'm supposed to wear red underwear on New Year's Eve to be lucky in love. She says it is a Mexican tradition.
Only if you want a Mexican in your underwear. :rolleyes:

Ivan said:
Party in Ivan's closet!
WOOHOO! MIH, pack up those beans & greens, we're heading to Ivan's! :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Only if you want a Mexican in your underwear.
LOL! Ay carrrrrumba!:smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey, due to the ban on pseudoephedrine, I have a closet full of Nyquil...probably close to a small keg!
Party in Ivan's closet!
Sweet! I'll bring the maraschino cherries! :cool: (And the beans and greens - and maybe some Beano, too.)

p.s. Happy Birthday, Gabrielle!:smile: Did they put the Baby New Year sash on you and take your picture when you were born? My friend's little boy was born Jan 1 and she sent me some pics of him dressed up like that. So cute!
 
Last edited:
You people are confused, New years, is in march!

http://persia.org/Culture/nowruz.html

That new year makes more sense to me, it occurs on the vernal equinox. Our new year is not even based on the day of birth of christ, which would seem more logical. What made our New Years revolve around the start of January? I'm guessing cesar had something to do with it.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year


chinese new year makes more sense to me too. It occurs on a solstice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
You people are confused, New years, is in march!
Okay, I'll give you your shrimp in March. :devil:
 
Okay, I'll give you your shrimp in March.

Two can play at that game! No capsian sea caviar for you!
 
How many times do you have to eat caviar before is stops tasting like slippery, fishy salt?I keep trying it, but I keep giving it to the cat.
 
tribdog said:
How many times do you have to eat caviar before is stops tasting like slippery, fishy salt?I keep trying it, but I keep giving it to the cat.
I love the cheap black lumpfish caviar. I mix it into sour cream and top Waverly Wafers with it, then give it a squirt of fresh lemon.

OMG, I LOVE that stuff!
 
I think 2006 won't be too optimistic, oil price will soar above $70, more crisis in the middle east, a few more terrorist's blasts to kill hundreds people etc...
 
Oil prices will soar above $70
For a gallon? :bugeye:

more crisis in the middle east
People don't notice this "Jihad," is a fad that has been going on for over a thousand years. Its nothing new. One time they almost took over Spain and Portugal. :frown:
 
Happy new years everyone. Don't kill anyone I wouldn't kill.
 
Evo said:
I love the cheap black lumpfish caviar. I mix it into sour cream and top Waverly Wafers with it, then give it a squirt of fresh lemon.
OMG, I LOVE that stuff!
Is that the caviar you can buy in the grocery store instead of some fancy gourmet type shop? If so, that's the one I like too. I put it on cream cheese on crackers...I love how it "pops" in your mouth. Yummy. I only tried it for the first time last New Years, and had to have more. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Is that the caviar you can buy in the grocery store instead of some fancy gourmet type shop? If so, that's the one I like too. I put it on cream cheese on crackers...I love how it "pops" in your mouth. Yummy. I only tried it for the first time last New Years, and had to have more. :biggrin:
Yep, that's the one.
 
Mk said:
For a gallon? :bugeye:

Per barrel

Sprinter said oil prices, not gas prices.
 
Happy New Year EVERYBODY! I'm too tired to figure out who's had it and who hasn't yet (I'm guessing UK has, US hasn't). Oz certainly has. Its 2 pm here and I'm still up. V tired. Can't chat too much. It will come out weird. I mean, different to my normal weird. Everything's great here and its 41 C. The wind is like a damn hair dryer.

Have a great 2006 y'all. I'm about to go for a splash about then snooze this Sydney heat wave away.

New year's resolutions anybody?

I'll start off:

1. Go to bed.
2. Get a tan.
3. Get a tan bed.

Loveness to you all.

El Hombre
 
Happy New Year EHI!

We all knew you were hot. :-p
 
I think New Years is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean right now.
 
ok now i am sure everyone has had their new Year begun. Happy new year to all. Let it bring u all great Success.
 
benzun_1999 said:
ok now i am sure everyone has had their new Year begun. Happy new year to all. Let it bring u all great Success.
Not quite yet...a few more hours to go. I've got about an hour and 20 min here, and then it's 3 more hours across the Continental US. I don't know the time difference across the rest of the Pacific until it hits the International Date line.
 
Happy New Year East Coast-erners!

It doesn't let you do all capitals.

©Mk et al.