Ring in the New Year at PF's Party!
- Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
82 replies · 13K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Come on in Monique!Monique said:Sounds delicious George Jones! I've just been eating oilballs, appleflaps and cheese-stuffed peppersIt's t -33 min and counting down
![]()
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,713
- 7,804
dlgoff said:Could you save a little for me to try. What are you having? I just recently tried an Indian restaurant. However I'm not tired of my Honey Roast ham.
Beef with mushrooms cooked in ginger and garlic,
Lamb vindaloo,
Doi murghi (lightly curried chicken in homemade yogurt with fresh ground coriander and cilantro), and
Chicken saagwala (chicken cooked with spinach in cream sauce).
and raita (a yogurt and cucumber relish)
and black-eyed peas.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Monique said:Sounds delicious George Jones! I've just been eating oilballs, appleflaps and cheese-stuffed peppersIt's t -33 min and counting down
![]()
What are oilballs?
I'll be into the party soon. I'm having my dinner now. I opted for shrimp with a spicy tempura style batter, french fries, and a horseradish sauce that I've touched up with some chipotle pepper. Cracked open the bottle of sake I got for Christmas from the Japanese restaurant where my boyfriend and I eat (the restaurant gives them as gifts to their most loyal customers...he's there a lot with clients...and since he can go in and get good sake anytime, he gave the bottle to me to take home).
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
Have some oliebollen Lisa and appelflappen, we still have them at the party.
http://www.excelsior-beusichem.nl/files/upload/image/oliebollen%5B1%5D.gif
http://www.pastoralekroes.nl/Meer_Persoonlijk/afbeeldingen/De_oliebol_voorbij/Appelbeignets.jpg
http://www.excelsior-beusichem.nl/files/upload/image/oliebollen%5B1%5D.gif
http://www.pastoralekroes.nl/Meer_Persoonlijk/afbeeldingen/De_oliebol_voorbij/Appelbeignets.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
agnostikos
- 2
- 0
Lesson 1, string theory: no points in space, only Planck lengths/areas/volumes. Lesson 2: a calabicle (as I call them) at every point in space. Is this inadequate language, or confused thinking, or what am I missing?
Jimmy Snyder
- 1,137
- 22
agnostikos said:no points in space
This is inadequate language.agnostikos said:every point in space
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,713
- 7,804
For future reference - http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/cheese/cheese2/red-dragon-cheese.asp
and
and
Last edited by a moderator:
Char. Limit
Gold Member
- 1,222
- 23
64 minutes left for me, it's still 2009 here.
Happy New Year/Decade!
Happy New Year/Decade!
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
Awww. I thought this party was going to continue into the afternoon on New Years' Day. I had a lovely evening out. Happy New Year and new decade, everyone!
cronxeh
Gold Member
- 1,006
- 11
Moonbear said:What are oilballs?
I'll be into the party soon. I'm having my dinner now. I opted for shrimp with a spicy tempura style batter, french fries, and a horseradish sauce that I've touched up with some chipotle pepper. Cracked open the bottle of sake I got for Christmas from the Japanese restaurant where my boyfriend and I eat (the restaurant gives them as gifts to their most loyal customers...he's there a lot with clients...and since he can go in and get good sake anytime, he gave the bottle to me to take home).
And then this happened..
One tequila
[Moonbear] 11:54 pm: I have a shot of pomegranate vodka waiting to toast midnight. No champagne.
Two tequila
[Moonbear] 12:42 am: Well, if I'm going to stick around for another time zone, I need to get another shot ready. brb (I'm glad I'm going to be snowed in tomorrow)
Three tequila
[Moonbear] 3:00 am: Time for another shot!
Floor!
[General Chat]: Moonbear has left at 3:32 am
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Bump! all right you hung-over bums! Come over to chat!
hypatia
- 1,192
- 10
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php
the link might be helpful
the link might be helpful
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Greg, thanks so much for opening chat for New Years...when it was 10 minutes before midnight CST and the room flooded with PFers wondering how the heck the ended up there, it was hilarious
!
(For PFers who were not on then - Greg *closed* the Forums and re-directed everyone into the chat room...what a riot!)
(For PFers who were not on then - Greg *closed* the Forums and re-directed everyone into the chat room...what a riot!)
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
cronxeh said:And then this happened..
One tequila
[Moonbear] 11:54 pm: I have a shot of pomegranate vodka waiting to toast midnight. No champagne.
Two tequila
[Moonbear] 12:42 am: Well, if I'm going to stick around for another time zone, I need to get another shot ready. brb (I'm glad I'm going to be snowed in tomorrow)
Three tequila
[Moonbear] 3:00 am: Time for another shot!
Floor!
[General Chat]: Moonbear has left at 3:32 am
![]()
What happened to "What happens in chat, stays in chat!"?
No hangover today, and was awake by 10:30 in spite of staying up so late.
mugaliens
- 197
- 1
And still chatting!
cronxeh
Gold Member
- 1,006
- 11
Why is the chat down 

Sorry!
- 416
- 0
cronxeh said:And then this happened..
One tequila
[Moonbear] 11:54 pm: I have a shot of pomegranate vodka waiting to toast midnight. No champagne.
Two tequila
[Moonbear] 12:42 am: Well, if I'm going to stick around for another time zone, I need to get another shot ready. brb (I'm glad I'm going to be snowed in tomorrow)
Three tequila
[Moonbear] 3:00 am: Time for another shot!
Floor!
[General Chat]: Moonbear has left at 3:32 am
![]()
Bahahahaha! Thanks for the good chat with you guys on my lonnnnesome New Years.
Thank goodness I was able to get in there even though I was banned from the forums, I may have died of boredom

Similar threads
- Greg Bernhardt
- · Replies 24 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 24
- Pupil
- · Replies 22 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 22
- fourier jr
- · Replies 10 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 10