RIP Mr. Miyagi: Karate Kid's Teacher Passes Away

In summary, Mr. Miyagi was a beloved fictional character and martial arts master in the Karate Kid film series. Actor Pat Morita, who portrayed Mr. Miyagi, passed away in 2005. In real life, Morita had a black belt in karate and incorporated his own expertise into his character. Mr. Miyagi's legacy includes inspiring people to take up martial arts and leaving a lasting impact on pop culture. While there have been attempts to continue the franchise without him, many fans feel that Mr. Miyagi's character is irreplaceable. As of now, there are no plans for a new Karate Kid film, but his legacy lives on through the existing films.
Physics news on Phys.org
That's sad. I remember him all the way back from his Sanford and Son days. Sayonara, Mr. Morita.

Mr. Miyagi was my idol when I was young enough to want to watch Karate Kid 17 times.

Arigato gozaimas, Sensei. Sayonara !

Last edited:
Awww, sad news. He was a very funny man, aside from his TV and movies.

NOOOOOOO!

I used to love watching that guy

1. Who was Mr. Miyagi and what was his role in the Karate Kid?

Mr. Miyagi was a fictional character in the Karate Kid film series. He was a martial arts master who served as the mentor and teacher to the main character, Daniel LaRusso.

2. How did Mr. Miyagi pass away?

Unfortunately, actor Pat Morita, who played Mr. Miyagi, passed away in 2005 due to kidney failure at the age of 73.

3. Did Mr. Miyagi actually know martial arts in real life?

Yes, Pat Morita had a black belt in karate in real life and incorporated his own knowledge and experience into his portrayal of Mr. Miyagi.

4. What legacy did Mr. Miyagi leave behind?

Mr. Miyagi's character has become an iconic figure in pop culture, known for his wise and peaceful approach to martial arts. He also inspired many people to take up martial arts and has left a lasting impact on the film industry.

5. Will there be any future Karate Kid films without Mr. Miyagi?

While there have been attempts to continue the franchise without Mr. Miyagi, many fans feel that his character is irreplaceable and that any future films would not be the same without him. As of now, there are no plans for a new Karate Kid film, but the legacy of Mr. Miyagi lives on through the existing films.