1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rotational Equilibrium and Dynamics Question

1. Jan 3, 2006 #1
    1) If you go to this site it has the question already set up. the one I need help on is question number 62, the picture frame one. I know that the answers are already given but I want to know how this is set up.

http://www.phys.uvic.ca/vannetten/phys102/Assignments/t1a9p.pdf

2) A uniform ladder 8.00 m long and weighing 200.0 N rests against a smooth wall. The coefficient of static friction between the ladder and the ground is 0.600, and the ladder makes a 50 degree angle withthe ground. How far up th eladder can an 800.0 N person climb before the ladder begins to slip?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2006 #2
    Sum the moments about the line passing through T2 and P (This will eliminate both), this will give you the tension for T1. Now Sum moments at the line through T2 and T1 to find P (this will eliminate T2 and T1), and then sum forcess to find P.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?