Round number post self-congratulation thread

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, congrats on reaching 12000 posts on PF! Congratulations on being a newbie relative to Integral, and thanks for sharing your experiences here.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Round number post self-congratulation thread!

Today, I have reached 12000 registered posts at PF!

That is a nice number, and fills me with a warm, fuzzy sense of contentment.

What have your feelings been when you reached a nice, round number of posts on PF?
Share your experiences here!

:smile:

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations!

I sometimes see a nice set of numbers, then I don't want to post and ruin it. You could always just remain in the lounge. :biggrin:

Congrats!

I don't know if I'd ever need to compete or join the show off list, but I haz a prime. :biggrin:

Primes are nice, drizzle! :smile:
And Evo, I understand your concern.

When I get 100.000 posts, I'll stop posting! :smile: (or possibly not?)

Congratulations! :smile:

I've always preferred palindromic post counts in whatever base works. (Base 10 is always nice since that's the way it's displayed).

So, look forward to 12021!

Last edited:
collinsmark said:
Congratulations! :smile:

I've always preferred palindromic post counts in whatever base works. (Base 10 is always nice since that's the way it's displayed).

So, look forward to 12021!

That's a good one! I can hardly wait getting palindromic again!

I think 12345 will be cool.

Speaking of round numbers, I drove to school one day, which is about a 15 mile drive, and actually parked at 30,000 miles. That was pretty cool, but I forgot to even mention it to anyone at school. So yeah, the only people who even know this happened are me and whoever reads this, because this is the first time I've mentioned it, because I just remembered.

See, leroy?
This thread brings back happy memories to us all.

I'm an altruist! :smile:

Rats!

cong-rats :biggrin:

unfortunately I am not smart enough to get a high post count :cry:

HeLiXe said:
cong-rats :biggrin:

unfortunately I am not smart enough to get a high post count :cry:
Well, I don't know about smartness, but, in contrast to me, there are lots of palindromic events on you post count level to enjoy in the near future!

Well if anything aldrino, your post has inspired me to venture out to other parts of the forum :D so thanks. Pretty interesting stuff out there! (Lets hope I don't get banned in the process)

Unfortunately I post (almost) exclusively from my phone, and it doesn't show post count in threads. I don't know how many posts anyone has, including myself.

I just know the familiar names.

You have 1,191 posts 1MileCrash

HeLiXe said:
You have 1,191 posts 1MileCrash

Well that's a rather uninteresting number.

I can see post count if I view profiles, but I never really do that.

HeLiXe said:
(Lets hope I don't get banned in the process)

Is this a bit of foreshadowing I see? xP

arildno said:
Today, I have reached 12000 registered posts at PF!

Newby! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Newby! :biggrin:
Relative to you, certainly. In several respects:

Had PF still a single-digit number of members when you joined up here? :smile:

arildno said:
Relative to you, certainly. In several respects:

Had PF still a single-digit number of members when you joined up here? :smile:

Haha, not quite, but I think we passed the 3000 mark soon after I joined.

Ivan Seeking said:
Haha, not quite, but I think we passed the 3000 mark soon after I joined.
So, you are a newbie relative to Integral, then, a true single-digit member here at PF! (Greg doesn't count, of course)

We all have our elders to reverence. :smile:

I think Monique has been with PF longer than anyone except Greg. Integral started very early as well. I think PF started in about Feb of 2001 and I didn't join until March of 2003. Funny thing, I had an email from Greg from early 2001 inviting me to join PF. I never have figured out how he got my email address. :biggrin: I found it several years later when I was cleaning out my mailbox.

And yes, newbie, not newby. :) I need to check my urban dictionary more often!

Ivan Seeking said:
I think Monique has been with PF longer than anyone except Greg. Integral started very early as well. I think PF started in about Feb of 2001 and I didn't join until March of 2003. Funny thing, I had an email from Greg from early 2001 inviting me to join PF. I never have figured out how he got my email address. :biggrin: I found it several years later when I was cleaning out my mailbox.

And yes, newbie, not newby. :) I need to check my urban dictionary more often!
If you go into the Members List and sort after Join Date, you'll find that Monique is PF's first 2-digit member (that's an achievement of its own!). You, it seems, joined PF as late as April 30, 2003, almost a year before me.

What is a "Round number post self-congratulation thread"?

A "Round number post self-congratulation thread" is a discussion thread on a scientific forum or website where scientists can share their achievements and accomplishments. This type of thread usually occurs when a scientist has reached a milestone in their research or career, such as publishing their 100th paper or receiving an award.

Why do scientists participate in "Round number post self-congratulation threads"?

Scientists participate in "Round number post self-congratulation threads" as a way to celebrate their hard work and accomplishments with their peers and colleagues. It also allows them to share their successes and inspire others in their field.

Is it common for scientists to self-congratulate in public forums?

No, it is not common for scientists to self-congratulate in public forums. Scientists are often humble and focused on their work, so it is not typical for them to publicly celebrate their achievements. However, "Round number post self-congratulation threads" provide a unique opportunity for them to do so in a supportive and understanding environment.

Do "Round number post self-congratulation threads" serve any scientific purpose?

While "Round number post self-congratulation threads" may not serve a specific scientific purpose, they do promote a sense of community and camaraderie among scientists. They also allow for the sharing of knowledge and experience, as scientists often include details about their research and methods in their self-congratulatory posts.

Are there any potential downsides to "Round number post self-congratulation threads"?

One potential downside of "Round number post self-congratulation threads" is that they may unintentionally create a competitive atmosphere among scientists. Some may feel pressure to achieve similar milestones and may compare their achievements to others. However, overall, these threads are meant to be positive and supportive, and any negative effects are likely minimal.