S/w to turn still images into movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Images Movie
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 5K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,696
Reaction score
9,099
I've got a sequence of illustrated images that I want to run as an animation. What is an easy shareware way to do this? (It is a simple cell animation sequence that I once did.)

I've got a gif animator program but my images are large and plentiful (say, 320x240 x 100 frames).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I get the trial of flash - and drag/drop my images (numbered consecutively) into it - flash recognises that you want them as consecutive images in a movie; converts them to swf from which you can export as you like.
 
*slaps forehead*

I didn't even think of Flash. Thank you.
 
I guess my Flash is a bit rusty. I'm using an MX trial.

Is there a painless way to drop a set of images into a flash sequence one image per frame? At the moment, I can only do one at a time, and each one needs to be a keyframe. It'll be painstaking.
 
If you try selecting all the images at once and dragging them onto a keyframe (in the keyframe window, not in the window showing the contents of the keyframe... like, in the timeline window or whatever.), I think it MIGHT automatically create a new keyframe for each image. Try it. I haven't played with flash for a long time so chances are I am wrong. But it's worth a shot.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. Didn't work.

Also, it'd be nice if I could snap my images to the window border/centre, since they're all full-frame.

Also, all my images are upside-down - an artifact of the scanning process. I need to find a bulk method for flipping them - either in Flash or elsewhere.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Also, all my images are upside-down - an artifact of the scanning process.
Re-scan them upside down. :-p
 
I use Fireworks from Adobe (Macromedia), to create .gif animations from images. I've also used Animation Shop from Jasc (ships with Paint Shop Pro). You might have some problems exporting your flash movie to an animated gif.

In flash you can snap, or align, your images with respect to the "stage" or each other, using the align window.
As for dropping a sequence of images, one per keyframe, it does that automatically for .gifs or movies, which doesn't help you much. However, if your images are all named the same, (i.e. IMG1.gif, IMG2.gif, IMG3.gif, etc) when you import one of those images into flash it should prompt:
"This image seems to be part of an animation, do you want to import all images?"
... or something to that effect. If you do, i believe it imports the images one per keyframe.
 
Math Is Hard said:
If you use Photoshop you could set up a batch to do this.
Thank you! I know how to do actions, but I didn't know how to batch them!