Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sci-Fi Science on the Science Channel

1. Jan 7, 2010 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

"Sci-Fi Science" on the Science Channel

We stumbled across what appears to be a new series on the Science Channel a couple nights ago. Sci-Fi Science, as it's named, is hosted by Dr. Michio Kaku and has only run a few episodes. I was wondering if anyone has seen it.

Here is a link to a few clips from the show:

http://science.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=sci-fi+science

I've set my DVR to record the series, hoping that we've stumbled upon a rare gem. We watched the "Traveling at Warp Speed" episode.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2010 #2
    We love shows like that. We're gonna watch all of them.

4. Jan 8, 2010 #3
    Too bad the syphilis, er I mean the "syfy" channel (no matter how many times I read that it still looks retarded) can't have something like this instead of the ultra-lame ghost hunting shows.

5. Jan 8, 2010 #4
    Is it online somewhere? Or TV only?

6. Jan 8, 2010 #5

Dembadon

Gold Member

TV only, as far as I know.

7. Jan 8, 2010 #6

Dembadon

Gold Member

We = My wife and I.

I just realized how schizophrenic my post sounded; very Golem-like in nature. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Jan 8, 2010 #7
    Its ok. There are plenty of you poor married bastards around on PF so we are used to your crazy broken ramblings. ;-)

9. Jan 8, 2010 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You got dumped recently, eh? :biggrin:

I saw part of one show: Viewer beware. The ideas discussed appear to be quite exotic. Experience has shown that discussions like those in the show can leave false impressions on those not familiar with the subjects. In many cases we may be talking about science that could never [in the foreseable future, if ever] be applied to a practical system. In other cases we are considering ideas that come from specific camps in physics; in the case of Michio Kaku, the M-Theory camp, or his version of it. Often, not all physicists agree with the statements made. In a worst case [hopefully], minority views may be expressed as if a consensus view.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. Jan 9, 2010 #9
    Kinda like that dude who was making a time machine out of lasers. They made some documentaries, TV shows, movies and action figures about it before they even knew if it was possible.

11. Jan 11, 2010 #10

Dembadon

Gold Member

So's my wife. :rofl:

Thanks for the heads-up, Ivan. We'll view with caution. :wink:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook