Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
Three funny and cute clips:

Raven feeds the dog


Crow stacking some cups


A squirrel friend
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, difalcojr and collinsmark
Physics news on Phys.org
squirrel.JPG

another squirrel
GEDC0799.JPG

neighbor's female, Maine coon cat, about 20 lb (9 kg), very sweet disposition
GEDC0797.JPG
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith, DennisN, Bystander and 2 others
 
Attachments
  • 1712179778732.png
    1712179778732.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: docnet, collinsmark, DennisN and 3 others
How quiet is it in my town? It's so quiet you see cats loafing in the streets.

IMG_4392.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: phinds, Borg, Drakkith and 2 others
It was surprising that LA has a human introduced peacock population. They sound a bit like monkeys when they sing from the trees. I read they can be territorially violent but I never saw one attacking a human. They are bigger than the chickens.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.07.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.07.58 PM.png


A YouTube video about a funny sloth:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, Drakkith and DennisN
docnet said:
It was surprising that LA has a human introduced peacock population. They sound a bit like monkeys when they sing from the trees. I read they can be territorially violent but I never saw one attacking a human. They are bigger than the chickens.

View attachment 342782View attachment 342783

A YouTube video about a funny sloth:

There are a lot them in Pasadena and nearby towns. I have seen them a lot on top of houses making a lot of noise.
 
docnet said:
It was surprising that LA has a human introduced peacock population. They sound a bit like monkeys when they sing from the trees.
Sing??
We had an infestation of them too, due a tradition-preserving movement here, but nobody kept them for more than one year.
Some quit faster.
Lot faster.

That 'sing' was apparently entirely omitted from the manual...
 
BillTre said:
There are a lot them in Pasadena and nearby towns. I have seen them a lot on top of houses making a lot of noise.
wow.. I thought they were only in Palos Verdes and Santa Catalina Island. Never saw them when I was in Pasadena, but now I want to visit again.
 
Rive said:
Sing??
We had an infestation of them too, due a tradition-preserving movement here, but nobody kept them for more than one year.
Some quit faster.
Lot faster.

That 'sing' was apparently entirely omitted from the manual...
I just searched peacocks in Pasadena and saw that some people want to ban them because they're too loud. I can understand that. ravens can be very loud too
 
docnet said:
Serval cats are so cool :) The little dog, not so much.
(I removed the media from the quote).
from post #2662


Was interesting, serval meowing, min-pin was not at any time growling but appeared excited. I do not know exactly what to think, but interesting.

EDIT: A few of the comments on the YouTube video give some better understanding.
(( in post #2662 video, right-click, Copy video address, open new brows tab, right-click, choose paste_and_go))
EDIT: I just found that what I described to do in the earlier edit did not actually work. FIRST click on the video in the post to begin its play; AND THEN start the right-click, etc. what then follows.
 
Last edited:
BillTre said:

Someone on another forum I frequent has the username OhTheHugeManatee, which always makes me smile...
 
New photographic technique:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 1.20.12 PM.png


My dog is mostly dark colors. Don't think it will work too well with her.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith and Ibix
Who's seeing cicadas this spring?

IMG_0477.jpeg


This is the first one I've seen here. In the next county, they're so loud that the police have gotten calls about them.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and BillTre
Best way to make my girlfriend lose the ability to speak: find ducklings. She can’t process when she gets into cuteness overload.
IMG_2907.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Rive and BillTre
Following up on my cicada a few posts back, here's a cicada nymph that has emerged from its 17 years underground and is apparently preparing to "hatch" into a mature cicada.

IMG_4479.jpg


I've also seen empty split-open nymph husks, but I don't think this is one of those. It looks intact. I should have gone around to look from the other side, too.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark and BillTre
jtbell said:
Following up on my cicada a few posts back, here's a cicada nymph that has emerged from its 17 years underground and is apparently preparing to "hatch" into a mature cicada.

View attachment 344296

I've also seen empty split-open nymph husks, but I don't think this is one of those. It looks intact. I should have gone around to look from the other side, too.
So it begins. The Screams of Summer arrive.