1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should i at least try mechanical engineering ?

1. Jan 23, 2015 #1
    So heres the deal, currently im in med school (1st year) and the thing is i didnt love it but im starting to hate it now
    Initially i wantet to study mechanical engineering but i thought i wasnt good enough since im not naturally good at math (i love physics though),i also was afraid on what the future holds if i was about to choose this path. Thats why i chose what was a safe and smart thing to do ...
    THe thing is i want to give up med school and pursue what i initially wanted ... just the idea of giving up or getting into smth that may make things worse frightens me at this moment

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2015 #2
    Few are, it takes work.

Do it. Failing to succeed in something you love is infinitely better than succeeding in something you hate.

4. Jan 24, 2015 #3
    I think you can get a mechanical engineering job that barely uses any math. Getting through school will be a bit harder, though.

5. Jan 24, 2015 #4
    You will not be that far Behind. Here in California most med school programs require students to take up to calculus 3. Not to mention the general chemistry requirements That both me and pre med have to take.

Math is about effort and not giving up when something is not clear.

6. Jan 25, 2015 #5
    If i were in california i would without a doubt study ME but where i live you are most likely to end up jobless as a mech.engineer
    and as much as you dont want to work only for money you dont want to end up without a career either...
    thanks for the advices,encouraging words always come in handy.

7. Jan 25, 2015 #6
    That is the dreaded question every individual must ask themselves. Everyone should be respected for their answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook