1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I consider double majoring in physics and engineering?

1. Mar 23, 2015 #1
    I'm currently a class 12 student in a CBSE affiliated school. I'm very much interested in physics and maths, and I'm very strong in both. I want to become a physicist, but I also want to have financial stability. Is the physics and engg combination a good one? If not, please suggest me other combinations.

Thank you.

P.S. : I am not very interested in computers.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2015 #2
    Are you interested in discovering new science or applying existing science?

4. Mar 23, 2015 #3
    Yes, very much.

5. Mar 23, 2015 #4
    It wasn't a yes/no question :)

6. Mar 23, 2015 #5
    OH, sorry!
    I'm interested in discovering new science, I am more interested in studying about the universe and related stuff.

7. Mar 23, 2015 #6
    Then stick with pure physics and if you want a challenge then double major in math.

8. Mar 23, 2015 #7
    Thank you Gref Bernhardt. But do you think that becoming a physicist will ensure financial stability?

9. Mar 23, 2015 #8
    And will double majoring affect my GPA?

10. Mar 23, 2015 #9
    There is no certainty in anything, but if you work hard, you'll improve your chances.

It's more work and hard work. Depends on your work ethics and natural skill level.

11. Mar 23, 2015 #10
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook