1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Should I get another degree in engineering?

1. May 23, 2016 #1
    Hello!
    I graduated with a physics degree last summer and I have yet to find a job. Originally I was aiming for a graduate degree in astrophysics so I spent most of my time doing "theoretical research" instead of internships and what not.. I didn't get any acceptances and now I'm struggling to find a job with my degree. I got turned down to some positions because of my lack of experience. Now I'm planning to go back to school for an EE degree but not sure if I should? Any advices?

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2016 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you are going to do that, at least go back for a master's degree and not a second baccalaureate.

4. May 23, 2016 #3

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A good option may be to do an MSc in an engineering subject . The qualification and the practical experience that you could gain would certainly lead to better job prospects .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted