Should I lie about my age in college?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mobiusdafrost
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Age
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 6K views
According to einstein laws of relative motion, i should be......










meh, forget it, i don't like to calculate in my head
 
Physics news on Phys.org
C'mon, if you're going to lie, come up with something better than that. Tell people that Osama bin Laden is your grandfather, when you were 11 he blew up a pony for your birthday, and that when you learned to drive you didn't learn how to park, so you have to leap out of the door and wait until it comes to a stop against the nearest convenient brick wall. Then ask to borrow their car.

I'm 1,012. In trinary. "When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not."
⚛​
 
~christina~ said:
I look like I'm in middle school, but I'm in college.

I just say that everyone when everyone is old and decrepit, I'll be the young one! Mwahahahahaha!

Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)
 
lisab said:
Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)
On my 30th birthday, the local "Sack o' Suds" had gotten a new cashier, and she carded me. I was the lead operator on a new high-speed paper machine, and was covered with flecks of stock from a sheet break before quitting time - the work clothes and pulp fiber should have tipped her off that I just got off work at the mill. There were 3 or 4 guys from my shift in line behind me (also buying beer - papermaking is hot, thirsty work) laughing at me because the cashier didn't believe I was 21. I had to go back out my truck for ID - you don't carry anything in your pockets on a paper machine, except vital tools like a knife.
 
CaptainQuasar said:
C'mon, if you're going to lie, come up with something better than that. Tell people that Osama bin Laden is your grandfather, when you were 11 he blew up a pony for your birthday, and that when you learned to drive you didn't learn how to park, so you have to leap out of the door and wait until it comes to a stop against the nearest convenient brick wall. Then ask to borrow their car.

I'm 1,012. In trinary. "When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not."
⚛​


"Nanny Ogg had a practical mind about the truth. She told it when it was convenient or she couldn't come up with anything more interesting." - Terry Pratchet
 
lisab said:
Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)
I never said lisab was decrepit. :biggrin:
 
lisab said:
Who's old and decrepit? I actually got carded a few days ago! (OK so as it turned out, the guy just wanted to know my name so he could hit on me, but still...it counts!)

I liked the one liquor store that got caught selling to minors, so had to card everyone to keep their license. I felt bad for the guy who looked to be about 80 in front of me in line who didn't at all understand why he was being carded. :smile:
 
St. Aegis said:
i'm 4
24? You're first! Giggity Giggity goo!